Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Dietitian the Homeopath the Astrologer

I was diagnosed with bilateral avascular necrosis of the femoral heads about 18 months back.
I developed the necrosis as a side effect of steroid use.

My orthopedic doctors suggested core decompression (surgery) as the necrosis was between stage 1-2 also there was no certainty that the operation would be a success so i found good reason in not jumping into surgery just yet.

First up was Vijaya Venkat. A renowned dietitian in Mumbai. They are a daughter and mother duo who claim that the body has the ability to heal itself. All you need to do is give it what it needs in order to do the healing. They put you on a diet which is mostly made up of raw vegetables, vegetable juices, fruit juices some pulses and a whole lot of lime.
I was on this diet for a little more than a month and necrosis dint get any better.

Next up was a homeopath. A scientist by day and doctor by evening. Doctor Sukumaran also from Mumbai. His home clinic was filled with people waiting for their turn with the scientist doctor. I has to wait in the stairway leading to his house. At this point i realized either he is really good or he charges very little. He dint seem to think avascular necrosis was a big problem what so ever, "fifteen days, in just fifteen days you will feel better and call me up to say i am fine" that's what he said after taking a look at me and reports. I took his word for it and kept popping little sugar ball all through the day. i went on with this treatment for 2 months.
The only thing i got from the sugar balls was extreme acidity.

Now is when i should have gone back to my orthopedic surgeon and let him do his thing, but nooo.

In India it is a law *WHEN YOU ARE STUCK IN A SITUATION WHERE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, YOU SIMPLY GO TO YOUR ASTROLOGER*

YES and so we did.

1 comment:

  1. Hope u r doing well now ...... I am also having Avascular Necrosis ....... So just wanted to know how this ayurvedic treatment proved helpful to you ????????
    And then why are you going for surgery ???????
    Thanks a lot in advance for helping me regarding this.

    ReplyDelete