Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ayurvedic treatment for Avascular Necrosis

The thing with alternative therapies is that the doctors will never NO. They are never going to say "i have no idea whats wrong with you."So you have to be very careful which doctor you pick.
Now in my attempt to avoid surgery for avascular necrosis i have tried many many therapies and many many doctors. Most naturopaths I'm sure dint understand what avascular necrosis was all about.

Anyway in my experience of dietitians, homeopaths, acupressure, acupuncture, Ayurveda and others i have found Ayurveda to be most beneficial.

If anyone out there is looking for an alternative to surgery in treating avascular necrosis avp is the place. I have taken treatment under Dr KG Ravindran and Dr Narayanan at Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore). Dr Ravindran has treated a patient of avascular necrosis with favorable results. In any case I'm sure he fully understands what avascular necrosis is all about.

Now the treatment itself is very relaxing if not anything else. The treatment includes a daily massage and some herbal concoctions. You have to stay there at least for twenty one days, eat their food and be at their mercy.
It is not as bad as it sounds. (they provide hi speed Internet connections)

If your avascular necrosis is as a result of alcohol abuse or external injury i hear it is much easier to treat. Even if you have got surgery for avascular necrosis  (or anything else) there are therapies you can take to to help with the healing process and pain and so on.

In my opinion if you have a shot at treating avascular necrosis without surgery it is at AVP Coimbatore.

You can e-mail the doctors your reports and ask them for their opinions here.

12 comments:

  1. Pls give some more details. ..what abt necrosis Condition occurred due to steroids...Pls help...u can even mail me at niteingoel@gmail.com. ..Pls help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Franchise of Ayurvedic medicines good joy reading through ones article. It is rich in data My partner and i in search of in addition to I enjoy article some sort of thoughts which "The content of the article can be awesome" Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall share my experience ,decision (right and wrong) and the journey.
    About me : I am a consultant, contractor, businessman in the field of water and wastewater engineering ,based in Mumbai.
    2007- The year of my diagnosis.

    My world changed the day the doctor confirmed my AVN.

    2014 : After enduring pain for almost 7 years and self-imposed denial for any surgical / invasive method i was almost unable to walk,climp and stand upright. Decided to take any/all available treatment for my disease, i took a call and left for Trivendrum for ayurvedic treatment.
    It's a small hospital with boarding facilities, i gave it a try believing a words of mouth.

    That was a right decision and it really helped to regain my ability to lead normal life since 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please provide any contact of where you got treated for this condition? How are you now - are able to carry out all normal activities including running, climbing, etc?

      Delete
    2. Dear Pratap,
      As already spoken on phone, I am carrying out normal activities. NO running,No hopping,NO lifting beyond 10kg as a precautionary measure.
      Needless to say no medicine for the past 2yrs. and the condition is improving

      Delete
    3. Sir I'm ARUN, affected by AVN stage 2 is that curable in Ayurveda treatment. Send kindly send me your number for a conversation. Please help me in this. My number 9789416181

      Delete
  4. Hi, I am Pratap from Bangalore and I too am diagnosed with Bi-lateral AVN of the hips since 2012. I wanted your opinion, feedback and most importantly how are you post ayurvedic treatment at AVP Coimbatore.

    Thanks,
    Pratap (kspratu@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't treat at AVP nor at Coimbatore , I got it treated at Trivandrum.

      Delete
    2. Hi kuna can i have your number as i had a accident and had neck of femur fracture in 2010 and after operation for that everything was normal, from feb 2015 i started having pain in my operated portion and after check up doctor diagnosed AVN and since then i am taking opinions from different doctors and all are suggesting for operation and change of femoral head. I am reluctant to undergo surgery but i am not getting any other suitable treatment option for the avn as well. Please help me either by whatsapp on 9929311053 or by calling on the same number. It will be a great help from your end.

      Delete
  5. My email ID arunamul234577@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ARUN 28 aged male, I need to know that is Ayurveda treatment is helpful in treating AVN in femoral head left side stage 3 and right side stage 2, is this 100% curable, help me in this please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ARUN 28 aged male, I need to know that is Ayurveda treatment is helpful in treating AVN in femoral head left side stage 3 and right side stage 2, is this 100% curable, help me in this please.

    ReplyDelete